Looking for the best White noise machines?
If you ever need to block out the world for some peace of mind, having a white noise machine handy can make your day go by much more smoothly.
White noise gets the claim to fame, but you can fall asleep to rainfall, forest sounds and more with these sleep sound machines.
If you’ve tried everything from meditation to journaling to weighted blankets but you’re still not getting a good night’s sleep, a sound machine might help. It’ll drown out any noise, and can be soothing enough to help you fall asleep.
In addition to white noise, white noise machines may also produce other colors of noise. These include static noises that decrease in volume for each added octave.
Some also come with ambient and natural sounds. White noise machines are safe for children; they can be used to lull infants to sleep, as well.
To help you out, we’ve rounded up the best white-noise machines, as praised by the most enthusiastic reviewers on Amazon, for you and your kids.
Buyer's guide 2020 - White noise machines
White Noise Machines: Common Characteristics and Functions
In addition to aiding adults, most white noise machines are also designed for babies, infants, and young children. Some models feature softer, more soothing sounds as well as lullaby melodies, that specifically cater to young ears.
White noise machines are also a popular travel accessory, and some models are designed for mobility with more compact sizes and dual-voltage capabilities.
- Volume: White noise machines always have adjustable volume settings.
- Size: White noise machines are usually compact, and do not measure more than 10W” x 10L” x 10H”.
- Sound options: In addition to traditional white noise, some white noise machines are equipped with multiple sound options, including natural and ambient sounds.
- Looping: For less distraction, white noise machines often mask their sound loops to create a continuous listening experience.
- Timer: Users may be able to program their white noise machine to stop producing sounds after a certain amount of time has passed.
- Headphone accessibility: Some white noise machines feature built-in headphone jacks for more private listening.
- Alarm: Select white noise machines come equipped with a programmable alarm.
- Power: Some white noise machines operate using batteries, while others require an electrical outlet. Modern designs may also be powered using USB cords, as well.
It’s important to note that babies and children should probably have a white noise machine set lower to protect their potentially sensitive developing hearing — about 40-50 decibels. Adults can start at that level and increase it as needed. Make sure to place the machine at least three feet away from your head, both for optimal results and to prevent the noise machine from potentially damaging your hearing
There are countless sound therapy devices on the market, and they vary significantly in both feature set and overall quality.
So to help narrow down your search, we’ve put together a list of ten excellent Prime-eligible white noise machines on Amazon.
Hope this article helped you in finding out the best white noise machine of your choice..